Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cat Chase 2012!


Well folks, its past midnight, and the cats have been released.  I could hear the barrels being pounded promptly at midnight and all kinds of hollering and kids screaming.  Within a few minutes I also started to hear some muffled thumps outside around the trailer, almost like knocks at the door.  I checked a few times only to see an occasional shoeless pre-teen chasing some terrified streak of fur through the darkness of my yard.  After a few of these thumps slipped outside to a defensive position on back deck to wait and discover the culprits.  I was totally disheartened to find out that it was cats, occasionally hurling themselves head-first into my trailer skirting in vain attempts to find sanctuary beneath my home.  Luckily a skirt is nothing more than a ridged single layer of PVC or vinyl, so the poor things would simply bounce off; knock themselves silly for a second or two then once again take flight into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment