Saturday, December 17, 2011

Freezing Garbage

I've started freezing garbage.  It's out of complete necessity I assure you.  This particular model of trailer did not come with garbage disposal or even equipped to handle one.  The plumbing is all crooked under the kitchen sink from a misjudged initial parking or maybe a strong Southerly wind.  It is a misaligned labyrinth of hamster-maze quality piping and decade old duct tape under there and it leaks.  I have a plastic tub underneath it all that catches a significant percentage of whatever goes down the drain.  In order to ensure that the water in the tub stays clean, I can't do much actual rinsing.  I used to wipe down all of my dirty dishes thoroughly with paper towels into the garbage, but since there's no actual trash service I have to make sure that I don't let the garbage sacks get too smelly to ride down to the dumpster in my car.  The solution was obvious...collect and freeze my wet garbage scrapings and save them until I take the trash out.  It's working so far aside from the occasional nasty surprise when I think I'm warming up leftovers.  Of course I would love to get a disposal installed, but most plumbers won't step foot in a T-Park due to an unwritten but all too real agreement with the local T-Park handymen, women and children.  (Child labor laws in a trailer park have all the relevance of books or toothbrushes.)  There IS a local handyman, but of course he works on trade, and at this time is only in need of 300 or more unlabeled pill bottles, a handlebar for an '84 Honda 3-wheeler or autographed Garth Brooks anything.  I don't have any of that and until I do, the freezer continues to fill as does my leak tub.

3 comments:

  1. What about old Joe Montana Chiefs jerseys? Are those T-Credible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those could get you a nice down payment on a late 80's double wide my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow my dale ernhart signed hubcap should get me like a million tcreds

    ReplyDelete